Here I was thinking that as a Marshall one zips around in a golf cart in the politest fashion asking laggards to get their asses moving to keep the pace moving. Well there is paperwork involved at my course and it is the following;
- COVID SIGN-IN SHEET: You know the drill no fever or COVID symptoms, no travel outside of Canada etc. Additionally, by November 15, 2021, the day the course is to close, proof of double vaccination against COVID. You must sign an attestation before your shift.
- GOLFERS AND THEIR TEE-OFF TIMES AND CART NUMBERS: This is updated each hour by the starter to enable you to know who is on the course and what time they teed off as well as their golf cart numbers.
- HOURLY TIME SHEET: You are expected to track 9- and 18-hole times at the top of each hour. The goal is a maximum of 4:30 hours for 18 but depending on the day and time that can be as low as 3:15 and high as 4::45 on the weekends. Your time sheets are checked by the manager of the Pro-Shop. I have not been fired yet so I presume I am herding the sheep on schedule. You are given a sheet which indicates start off times and what time each golfer should be finished each hole. It is predicated on a full course and foursomes and may not be that accurate with poor weather conditions where start times are not 10 minutes apart but even then it is accurate enough to convince golfers they are too slow. This sheet is updated each hour by the starter.
- INTERACTION REPORTS: Each interaction with golfers should be recoded even if is simply a hello and by the way you are on time. I think though management is more interested in reports that slow gofers have been advised to pick up their pace, pick up the ball and move to the next hole, asked to leave the course or have been advised to not consume their personal alcohol.
- COURSE CONDITION REPORT: Each hour requires a report on the condition of the 18 holes. Is there a tree branch down, have recreational walkers and bikers been advised to leave the course, has a golfer been injured or have the greens or facilities been vandalized.
- SIGN OUT SHEET: You record your hours worked in a binder which is signed by a Pro-Shop employee.